About the Course
The modern work environment places many demands on the Manager, not least the need to treat ‘difficult’ employees with the same care and respect afforded to those who are less demanding. Recognising and understanding the cause or causes of this behaviour, and the Manager’s self-awareness of their own behaviour and its impact, are vital in the fight to create a working environment where everyone is treated equally and are afforded the same opportunities. The Managing Difficult Behaviours course will provide participants with both the knowledge to appreciate the reasoning behind what we might consider difficult behaviour as well as the communication tools to manage and overcome difficult behaviours in the workplace.
1. Identify the root causes of tension in the workplace
2. Recognise common triggers and inhibitors of behaviour
3. Appreciate the Stimulus-Response model and how to adapt to it
4. Explain the attitude and behaviour cycle and relate it to your own experience
5. Understand and apply behaviours for defusing/caling situations"
All our courses are run by experienced professionals and involve a wide mix of learning methods including presentations, individual/group exercises, video, case studies and skill practice. All materials and refreshments are included and lunch is provided on full day courses. Please advise us of any dietary or other needs on the booking form.
Next Course Date(s)
15th February 2022
HJS Human Resources Offices
3rd Floor, Cross Keys House
22 Queen Street