About the Course
The Team Leadership Course (TLC) is a great experience for managers that are either new to leading a team or who are looking to brush-up on their leadership skills. It takes a practical approach to leadership on the front-line and will equip delegates with essential tools, skills and knowledge to take back to the workplace. These will in turn provide them with the opportunity to gain the benefits set out in the course.
This course is approved by the Institute of Leadership & Management and leads to Associate Membership. See our separate page for details.
Over the three days we look at what leadership is and identify how delegates can adapt their
behaviour to be more effective in their roles as leaders. The TLC is aimed at anyone who is about to
or is already leading a team and its main objective is to provide delegates with the skills to get the best
performance from their team and the individuals in it.
1. Understand the difference between management and leadership;
2. Identify key leadership behaviours and skills and learn to adopt them;
3. Communicate more effectively with people they work with;
4. Behave more assertively;
5. Influence and persuade more effectively so as to be more likely to gain the outcome they are
6. Create an effective vision and set of values for their team;
7. Utilise team resources to best effect;
8. Be more influential in meetings;
9. Deliver effective and impactful presentations;
10. Prepare an action plan for success
All our courses are run by experienced professionals and involve a wide mix of learning methods including presentations, individual/group exercises, video, case studies and skill practice. All materials and refreshments are included and lunch is provided on full day courses. Please advise us of any dietary or other needs on the booking form.
Next Course Date(s)
1st - 3rd June 2022
HJS Human Resources Offices
3rd Floor, Cross Keys House
22 Queen Street